MTNG has resumed assessing late fees and disconnecting meters for non-payment. However, we will gladly work to set up a payment plan for anyone having issues paying their natural gas bill during these unprecedented times. MTNG provided a two month suspension of late fees and disconnects to assist our customers during Safer-at-Home orders. As always, if you have issues paying your bill, please contact your local office.
In light of the decreased number of COVID-19 cases in Tennessee, MTNG has reopened our showrooms to the public effective February 3, 2021. Showrooms, drive-up window, walk-in and phone services are now all available Monday-Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. In an effort to do our part to continue protecting Tennesseans, MTNG is requiring that anyone not medically exempt from doing so wear a mask while in our offices; as well as continue to practice social distancing, hand hygiene, and other CDC recommended practices to reduce the spread of the virus. Telephone your local office if you have questions or need assistance with service.
As always, you can reach us by phone in the event of an emergency at any time.
The health and safety of our workforce, customers, and communities is our top priority. Safeguarding the health of our employees is the first step in maintaining our operations and meeting the needs of the communities that we serve. As such, we will continue to follow the guidance and recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as state and local governmental agencies. As the situation continues to evolve, we will revise plans and make the necessary decisions to ensure the safety and health of our workforce while trying to minimize the disruption for our customers.
To assist us in keeping everyone safe, we ask that customers please…
- …notify us of any illnesses at your home or business if requesting service.
- …not come into our offices if you are sick.
- …maintain safe social distancing.
- …practice good hand hygiene.
- …wear a mask when you come in our offices, if possible.
- …limit the number of people in our office at the same time.
- …be advised the employee working the drive-up window must remain at that station, to help protect our walk-in customers.
- …know that we are still postponing some non-critical jobs in the interest of safety.
- …understand that we may have to revise or reschedule, if conditions change.
- …if possible, utilize our bank draft, drop-box, mail, phone, or electronic bill payment options.
These changes are not made lightly, and we recognize how these temporary modifications in operations could impact families. We will work through this together. We ask for your patience, and thank you for your business.