Middle Tennessee Natural Gas Utility District offers a variety of methods for our customers to pay their natural gas bills; all of which are at no additional charge. We NEVER charge an additional fee for any of our payment options. If you have any questions about your bill please contact Middle Tennessee Natural Gas Utility District directly.
On-line bill pay – You can make a one-time payment, or set up recurring payments. Use the “Pay Bill Online” links in the upper right hand corner to get started. This free option is only available through www.mtng.com, not through any other third party service, or any phone app.
- Bank Draft – Transfers payment from the customer’s account to MTNG each month on the bill’s due date.
- By Phone to MTNG Office – MTNG Customer Service Representatives are able take customer credit card payments for natural gas bills over the phone.
- Automated Pay-by-Phone – 24-hours a day, customers can dial 1-877-870-3293 enter their 12-digit natural gas account number and select a payment option to pay an MTNG bill with a checking account or a credit card. This phone number is on the back of our gas bills and also in our Customer Information Books.
- By Mail – the U.S. Postal Service, UPS, Fed Ex, and others deliver to our offices regularly. We encourage customers not to send cash by mail, but otherwise, it is also one of our options.
- In Person – Customers can come into our local offices and pay bills directly to us. We encourage customers to use our convenient and cost-saving payment methods, such as Bank Draft or the MTNG On-Line Bill Pay. That said, we will still gladly enjoy catching up with you if you want to stop in and see us on what my Dad refers to as “bill-paying day.”
- MTNG Payment Stations – MTNG does still have a few businesses who assist us in some of the communities we serve that are a little further away from our offices. They contract with us to act as our agent to collect our payments and forward them to us, all with no additional charge to our customers.
Middle Tennessee Natural Gas is committed to provide competitive natural gas service. That means keeping rates as low as possible while insuring that there is ample supply for the needs of our service area. Utilizing tools such as Automatic Bank Draft and Levelized Billing not only make things easier for our customers, but it also helps keep rates lower. So, if you are not already using them, please look closer and see what they have to offer.
The menu to the left provides you with information on how bills are calculated, rate sheets, links to show that other energy sources do not provide the same value, and tools to help make paying your natural gas bill even easier. Of course, you are always welcome to use the “good, old-fashioned way,” and simply drop by the office to pay your bill to one of our friendly Customer Service Representatives. We look forward to serving you.